Online Internship for students fluent in Spanish and passionate about literature
Are you passionate about literature? Can you write with wit and creativity? Do you love engaging people on social media? Do you read Spanish fluently?
TindLeer is a new brand of literary gifts, seasoned with a touch of humor, recently launched in Spain. Each of these gifts - mugs, tote bags, T-shirts, etc. - feature the "TindLeer" profile of some famous writer (Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Kafka, etc), similar to the profiles that people write when using Tinder (‘TindLeer’ is a pun on ‘Tinder’ and ‘Leer’, reading in Spanish). The profiles are made up of witty references to the literary work of the corresponding writer seeking to conquer our hearts in the style of the 21st century (www.tindleer.com)
Due to the originality of the concept - combining in a surprising way classic authors with the concept of Tinder, TindLeer has been well received since it was launched in Spanish a few months ago. Given this warm reception in Spain, we are planning to launch TindLeer in English (probably with a twist to the brand’s name adapted to English) and introduce its gifts to the english-speaking markets (USA, UK, etc).
For this purpose, we are looking for an intelligent and enthusiastic student to help us with the development of new products for an English-speaking audience, our marketing strategy and the creation of related content for social media in English.
This is a part time internship (15–20 hours/week), unpaid to be undertaken online. Minimum commitment for 3 months.
- Copy-write in English of the ‘profiles’ of famous writers for our new products
- Translate into En glish content from our Spanish website and social media accounts
- Develop and execute unique strategies for each social media platform (Instagram, facebook, twitter, etc)
- Write, edit and publish content related to TindLeer or literature on social media
- Passion for literature
- Excellent skills on writing and communication
- Ability to write with wit and concision
- Wide experience using social media
- A good level of Spanish reading skills
- Capacity to work in an organised and autonomous way
- Experience using Canva
- Ability to quickly learn how to use software and apps for social media
What do we offer?
- Flexible schedule
- The opportunity to work from home
- A perfect environment to learn and develop your skills
- To work in a company with a fresh and original project
How do you apply?
To apply, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "ENGLISH SPEAKING INTERN: Your name":
- A letter of introduction explaining why you would like to do an internship with TindLeer, in which way your experience is relevant to the position and indicating the name of the University where you are studying.
- Your CV
- Completed social media test (copy and paste into a new document).
TindLeer Social Media Test
1. TindLeer is our new brand of literary gifts with profiles of famous writers as if they were seeking to date people on Tinder. Their ‘TindLeer’ profiles make witty references to their literary work (www.tindleer.com).
Choose a famous writer that we haven't published in TindLeer yet and that the public might like, briefly explain why you propose to make a TindLeer profile of that writer and write the profile you would propose to put on the mugs, T-shirts and tote bags.
2. Given the nature of TindLeer as a brand of literary gifts with a sense of humour and taking into account that in this initial stage we are a company with very limited marketing resources, what strategies would you propose using to promote it as a new brand in your country?